North Sea Camp is an open Category D prison, which opened in 1935 as a Borstal. The original group of staff and trainees set out from Stafford Prison and established a tented camp at the site. They immediately began building a permanent structure, some of which remains to this day. They also set out reclaiming land from The Wash by building a new sea bank in front of the old one. The land in the enclosures was further drained and converted into prime agricultural land. This work was completed in 1979. The reclaimed land was used for farming before being sold in 2004.